We held a festive competition in Decemeber to celebrate the Christmas Cheer and giveaway a set of 8 Christmas Napkin Rings… with over 400 entrants and countless brilliant answers to our question ‘What is your one favourite thing about the festive season’ we’ve picked a winner.
We were amazed at the whelth of answers with;
- 212 answers about Family & Children
- 63 Mentions of Food including 32 Christmas Dinners, 4 Mulled Wines, 3 Sprouts and 3 Egg Nogs.
- 42 Mentions of Presents & Gifts Giving
- 24 Mentions of the Christmas Tree
- 104 Mentions of Christmas Specific events from Christmas Carols to Christmas Cheer!
- 6 Mentions of Christmas Carols, with the Salvation Army making an appearance with their Band.
- 4 of you love watching old Christmas Films & TV shows over the festive period.
- 14 Of you just liked being off work it would appear!
- And over a dozen of you mentioned the smell of Christmas Dinner cooking!
… to name but a few!
The Winning Answer
Some Fab Other Answers that We Liked
Andrea Parkinson; Magical atmosphere!
Jennifer Ennis; My Mum’s Christmas dinner – she’s 87, nearly blind, can hardly walk and is still the best cook I know!
Jackie Wells; Eating luxury food that is saved for this time of year
Richard Gadd; Christmas Pudding & Mince Pies!
Helen Winter; Christmas gives me the chance to use all my nice crockery, cutlery and glasses and set the table for properly cooked food, it’s lovely to eat from crockery that matches and the food always tastes and looks so much better. Its so much nicer than the norm.
Anne Bostwick; My one favourite thing about Christmas is a beautifully laid festive dinner table, complete with festive napkins and rings, of course.
Marion Morgan; Carpet picnic on Christmas Eve
Anne Stephenson; Giving Gifts to others and trying to help people who have nothing
Suzanne Hill; I love all my extended family getting together on Boxing day. We share presents, games, quizzes, laughter and great fun. Its a very special time.
Samantha Jerome; Seeing how excited my little girl is at how magical everything seems
Sue Cook; Presents
Jackie Turner; The aroma of the Christmas dinner cooking
Penelope Harper; This song – 5 Choc’late Santa’s, 4 turkey legs, 3 bowls of trifle, 2 French sticks and a fairy on my Christmas tree!
Julie Barnfather; Christmas Morning – waking up to the sounds of the grandchildren opening their presents at some unearthly hour – and going back to sleep!!!!
Heather Platt; Salvation Army band playing Christmas carols in the market square
Get Creative with the Kids…
Christmas may be getting close and the kids are about to break up for Christmas Break… you can keep them entertained with our FREE Christmas Bunting download. Its a printable activity sheet that they can colour in and make their own Christmas Bunting & Decorations for Christmas Day!