Roman at Home Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Roman at Home Ltd of Whitworth Avenue, Aycliffe Industrial Park, Newton Aycliffe, County Durham DL5 6YN.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Loraine Henderson.
Information We may Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Site romanathome.com (Our Site) or on any forms provided to Us by mail order or by telephone. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our Site.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and may record telephone calls for training and quality monitoring purposes;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through Our Site, by mail order or telephone and of the fulfilment of your orders;
details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve Our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- a) to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- b) to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests;
- c) to speed up your searches;
- d) to recognise you when you return to Our Site.
Cookies used by www.romanathome.com
|Cookie Name||Cookie Purpose|
|PHPSESSID||The PHPSESSID cookie is native to PHP and enables websites to store serialised state data. It is used to establish a user session and to pass state data via a temporary cookie, which is commonly referred to as a session cookie. It disappears when the client is closed.|
|Cb-enabled||Denotes whether the cookie info banner/panel is visible.|
Cookies used by Google for Google Analytics
|Cookie Name||Cookie Purpose|
|__utma, _utmb, __utmc, __utmz||These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. Google Analytics anonymously tracks how visitors interact with a website. Used to distinguish users and sessions. Used to determine new sessions/visits. How the anonymous user reached this website.|
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from Our Site and in Our Brochure is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone or by email (where You have consented to receive information in this way).
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We use third party contractors to manage all calls and orders made to Us and all payments in respect of orders placed and may disclose your personal data to such third party suppliers to enable your order to be completed.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Roman at Home Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Roman at Home Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Customer Services Department, Roman At Home Ltd, Whitworth Avenue, Aycliffe Industrial Park, County Durham, DL5 6YN or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Customer Services Department
Roman At Home Ltd
Aycliffe Industrial Park